How to reach Lošinj
Island of Mali Lošinj is close to quite few International Airports. See bellow the closest ones with the distance information from Mali Lošinj island.
- LJU - Ljubljana International airport (Slovenia, 270km)
- ZAG - Zagreb International airport (Croatia, 280km)
- VCE - Trieste International airport (Italy, 340km)
- TRS - Venice Marco Polo International airport (Italy, 230km)
- LSZ - Mali Lošinj airport (Croatia, 0km)
- RJK - Rijeka airport (Croatia, 100km)
- PUY - Pula airport (Croatia, 140km)
From Ljubljana (Slovenia)
- Rupa border crossing - Rijeka - island of Krk (bridge) - Valbiska ferry harbour - Merag (island of Cres) or
- Rupa border crossing - Rijeka - Opatija - Brestova ferry harbour (mainland) - Porozina(island of Cres)
From Zagreb (Croatia)
- Rijeka - island of Krk (bridge) - Valbiska ferry harbour (island of Krk) - Merag (island of Cres)
From Trieste or Venice (Italy)
- Pasjak border crossing - Opatija - Brestova ferry harbour (mainland) - Porozina (island of Cres)
- Ferry harbour Valbiska (island of Krk) - Merag (island of Cres) or
- Ferry harbour Brestova (mainland) - Porozina (island of Cres)
Note: the ride takes around 20 minutes. Tickets are bought on the spot, no reservations. More info about the ferry schedule.
*IMPORTANT: We strongly recommend to take the ferry harbour Valbiska (island of Krk) - Merag (island of Cres) due to faster and wider road connection.
Rijeka - Mali Lošinj: line runs several times a day.
More info about Autotrans Bus lines and Schedule.
Rijeka - Mali Lošinj: catamaran line connects the island of Lošinj and nearby islands with the mainland once a day all year round.
More info about U.T.O. Kapetan Luka (high speed ship service).
Zadar - Mali Lošinj with Jadrolinija.
More info about Jadrolinija Rijeka.
In total, there are 22.000 beds in all types of accomodation facilities combined. There are 9.000 in camps, 6.000 in private apartments, around 3.000 in hotels and the rest can be found in other type of facilities. Choose according to your preference: